Customer Support Engineer - Coalville, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Tornos Group is one of the global leaders for the development, production and distribution of Swiss-type automatic lathes and multi-spindle machines. The company’s history dates back to 1880 and marked the beginning of Swiss-type lathe technology. Tornos primarily manufactures CNC Swiss-type (sliding headstock) turning machines, multi-spindle machines with numerical or cam control, and machining centers for complex parts requiring high precision (Almac).
The Expansion of our Global network demands that we require and additional person in our Engineering team to operate in both the UK and Overseas.
Reporting to the UK Service Manager, this is a position with specific responsibility for supporting customers on all technical aspects, including but not limited to:
- Installation and customer training
- Machine repairs and servicing
- Set-up of customer and demonstration components
- Service & application troubleshooting
- Hotline support and related admin systems
- Cycle time studies
- Technical support to sales team
Liaise with other Tornos group organisations worldwide where necessary to carry out the above tasks.
The UK time aspect is likely to be approximately 50%.
Location flexible within reason, consideration to closeness to airport & Coalville, Leicestershire office.
Occasional visits to our manufacturing sites for training or projects
- HNC Production & Mechanical engineering
- Formal engineering apprenticeship and or extensive track record in this type of role
- CNC Multi-spindle & CNC sliding head turning machine experience preferred
- French or German Language would be useful
This is a customer facing role, so a positive “can do” attitude is essential
Please email your CV in the 1st instance with a subject title of” TTUK engineering vacancy” to mcbride.j [at] tornos.comTornos Technologies UK Ltd Tornos House Whitwick Business Park Coalville UK-Leicestershire LE67 4JQ