Field Service Technician - Swiss-type machines - Los Angeles, CA, United States
Tornos Technologies, a global supplier of Swiss-type and Bar Milling manufacturing equipment, including the tooling, services, spare parts, wear parts, consumables and automation solutions that support these systems. Markets served by Tornos include: Aerospace, automotive, medical, tool and die manufacturing. Headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois and an office in Bethel, CT.
We value our employees and their contribution to our success. Recruiting and retaining a winning team of employees dedicated to the company’s mission and purpose is critical to Tornos’ ability to service its customer’s needs on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
We have an immediate opportunities for a technical and experienced Field Service Engineer. This individual will travel to customer locations to install and service Tornos Swiss-type machines along with ESCO and Almac Machines. This position requires travel 4 -5 days per week.
Our company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit plan and scaled PTO and paid holidays.
Tornos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Looking for someone that has a background as a Swiss-type Machine Field Service Technician - working with different customers daily. Experience trouble shooting Fanuc controls is a plus.
The position requires an individual to be able to follow a standardized repair process which would include the diagnosing / trouble-shooting of the machine tool, identifying a solution and then repairing the product. The Field Service Technician will have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components.
Set in a team environment, the position is fast-paced and challenging where a successful candidate would need to possess strong time management skills, able to complete tasks correctly in a timely manner and work efficiently to produce results.
The Field Service Technician shall have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for service to single spindle machines. Multi-Spindle experience a plus but not required.
- Traveling to customer sites to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all CNC machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
- Traveling to customers to install and train on new and used CNC machine tools.
- Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regard to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
- Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and training
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Training customers and junior service techs on controls and applications on customer’s sight.
- Follow the established operations procedures to ensure timely resolution or escalation of issues.
- Interact with customers at the technical level, as required.
- 5+ years of experience with mechanical/electrical repair of CNC machine tools
- 5+ years of experience in Fanuc ladder modification and troubleshooting (Preferred)
- 5+ years of CNC machining experience. Must be able to create programs and set up basic parts on Swiss Style CNC machines. (Preferred)
- 5+ years Swiss CNC Lathes, Mills (Preferred)
- Ability to interpret mechanical diagrams, wiring schematics and printed servicing data;
- Knowledge of electricity principles and air flow as it applies to a power source for machine tools;
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical faults in machine tools and equipment
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills, be dependable, reliable and need minimal supervision
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job. This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends. Willingness to travel up to 80 %
- United States Citizen (must have and prove the legal rights to work & live in the USA)
Send your file to us at the following address:
Tornos Technologies US Corporation Human Ressources Management 200 E Howard Avenue, Suite 220 Des Plaines, IL 60018| USA info-us [at] tornos.com